Website West Berkshire Council - Great Britain
From £39,186 to £45,441 per annum (Grade J)
Are you an experienced and passionate ecologist looking for a new challenge? Do you want to make a positive impact on the environment and contribute to the sustainable development of West Berkshire? If so, we have the perfect opportunity for you!
We are seeking a Principal Ecology Officer to join our dedicated Development and Economy Service at West Berkshire Council. Reporting to the Team Leader (Place), you will play a key role in providing expert advice and guidance on ecological matters, ensuring that development within the area is carried out in an environmentally responsible manner.
- Undertake ecological assessments and surveys, providing recommendations and mitigation strategies
- Review planning applications and provide specialist input on ecological issues
- Advise on the protection and enhancement of biodiversity and habitats
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to promote sustainable development
- Keep up-to-date with relevant legislation and best practice in ecology and biodiversity
To excel in this role, you should have:
- A degree in ecology or a related field
- Extensive experience in ecological assessment and surveying
- In-depth knowledge of UK wildlife legislation and relevant planning policies
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- The ability to work independently and manage multiple projects
West Berkshire Council offer excellent employment benefits such as:
- Flexible working wherever possible between the hours of 07.00-19.00
- Hybrid working wherever possible working 40% in the office
- Access to a wide range of training and development opportunities
- Generous Local Government pension scheme
- Family friendly policies
- A range of local discounts
- Wellbeing Programme including Employee Assistance
- Programme and employee benefits
- You will also be entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement starting at 29 days per annum (plus public holidays) Rising by an additional 5 days after 5 years’ service.
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
This post is a Sensitive Post for the purpose of the Local Government Housing Act 1989 and the post-holder is therefore restricted from engaging in any prescribed political activities. In summary, this means that you are prohibited from holding political office and from involvement in any political activity within or outside the workplace. Full details of the restrictions can be found in the Council’s Policy and Guidance on Politically Restricted Posts
For an informal discussion about this role, please contact Elise Kinderman on 01635 519814 or email Elise.Kinderman1@westberks.gov.uk
West Berkshire Council is committed to promoting equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief.
Join us in shaping a greener and more sustainable future for West Berkshire. Apply now and be part of our dedicated team!
To apply for this job please visit ats-westberkshire.jgp.co.uk.