Website Reading Borough Council
£20,393 to £21,082 Per year
37 hours per week (full-time), term time only plus one week
- Looking for a career in secondary education?
- Considering a career in teaching?
- Able to work as part of a team and learn new skills?
- The role of Cover Supervisor is the perfect opportunity to become involved in the learning of young people. The primary purpose of the role is to introduce work to students and support their learning in the absence of the classroom teacher.
What you will do:
- Play a vital role in supervising lessons where students complete work set by a qualified teacher.
- Effectively manage the classroom as a safe, controlled and supporting learning environment.
- Give feedback about the conduct of students in the lessons.Establish good working relationships with students.
- Follow the guidance on the conduct of lessons.
What we are looking for someone who:
- Is a warm, committed team player.
- Wants to support young people in their learning.
- Has good interpersonal skills.
- Is organised, flexible and reliable.
- Enthusiastic and enjoys working with young people.
- Can sustain high standards in lessons when teachers are absent.
- Understands the needs of individual students, especially those with special educational needs and those who may require additional support.
- Whilst previous experience of working in a secondary school setting is advantageous, it is not essential.
Combining a distinguished heritage, a positive reputation for outstanding academic achievement and a commitment to high standards of pastoral care, at Reading School we aspire to be a “World Class School” with excellence at the heart of everything we do.
We are situated 15 minutes’ walk from central Reading and close to transport links. Reading is a diverse place to live with arts, culture and heritage at the heart of the town.
We offer an exceptional all-round education enabling each student to realise his academic, cultural or sporting potential. A Selective Boys’ School, Reading School takes both day and boarding students. In 2023, the school was rated the Sunday Times South East State School of the Year and awarded ‘outstanding’ in the Boarding Ofsted Inspection in February 2020.
Reading School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. Full details of our Safeguarding – Staff Recruitment Policy and Data Policy can be found on our website – https://www.reading-school.co.uk/page/?title=Policies&pid=16
All applicants must complete an associate staff application form which can be found on our website – https://www.reading-school.co.uk/vacancies
Enquiries to email@example.com
Deadline for Applications: Monday 4 March 2024
To apply for this job please visit www.reading-school.co.uk.