Website Reading Borough Council
£30,000 to £46,525 Per year
We have an exciting opportunity for an inspirational Geography Teacher who is passionate about their subject and ready to join our flourishing department in September 2024.
The department provides a supportive environment in which to teach and members of the department regularly discuss and share ideas and resources with regards to teaching and learning.
Working collaboratively with fellow geographers who are enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge makes Reading School an ideal place to either begin a teaching career or to continue your enjoyment of the teaching of this fascinating and rewarding subject.
Our ideal candidate:
- An able geographer with the capacity to clearly explain geographical principles to enthusiastic students and bring the subject to life through engaging lessons.
- A teacher who strives to improve their own practice and subject knowledge and can bring ideas to the department.
- A reflective individual who is willing to contribute to the department’s ongoing curriculum development.
- An individual who can inspire curiosity and challenge narrow ways of viewing the world.
- Able to translate talent of our students into progress, engagement and understanding
- An individual with the knowledge and experience to confidently teach exceptional students.
- Enthusiastic about the delivery of engaging, stretching and enjoyable extra-curricular activities.
- Eager to contribute to the wider life of the School by investing in a tutor group and our department extra-curricular activities.
- Willing to take the lead on specific tasks within the department.
At Reading School, we have a clear educational philosophy and a deeply rooted commitment to social mobility. In all we do we seek to nurture character and develop academic excellence, and we know that what we do really matters. More than 10% of our Year 7 students come from disadvantaged backgrounds and we are proud of the difference that we make.In 2023, the school was rated the Sunday Times South East State School of the Year
We are a short walk from central Reading and close to transport links. Reading is a diverse place to live with arts, culture and heritage at the heart of the town.
Reading School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful candidate must be willing to undergo an Enhanced DBS Disclosure. Full details of our Safeguarding – Staff Recruitment Policy and Data Policy can be found on our website.
All applicants must complete an teacher application form which can be found on our website.
A full information pack can be found here – https://www.reading-school.co.uk/vacancies
Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: 9am, Monday 26th February 2024
Early application is advised as we hold the right to close the application process early if a suitable applicant applies and is appointed.
To apply for this job please visit www.reading-school.co.uk.