Website Reading Borough Council
£43,418 to £49,420 Per year
If you’re a Senior Social Worker seeking to be part of a welcoming and vibrant team, we invite you to get in touch. We represent a Local Authority dedicated to enhancing the well-being of our community and residents. We are actively seeking enthusiastic and skilled Senior Social Worker to join our LDA team.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the Team:
The Learning Disability and Autism Team is a new Team at Reading. We work with adults with LD and Autism employing a strengths-based approach to work with individuals in order to enhance wellbeing, uphold rights, foster independence, and facilitate positive outcomes. In addition, we work in partnership with health colleagues to consider Continuing Healthcare alongside our Care Act duties.
We work closely with our colleagues within Reading Borough Council, Health Professionals, Education Professions, Voluntary and Charity colleagues to facilitate the best possible outcomes for those people we support.
Our aim is to be a high performing, efficient, multidisciplinary team with a clear team purpose and values that support staff and the skills and diversity within and around the team.
About the role:
Working as a Senior Social Worker you will be part of a friendly and supportive team. You will hold a small varied caseload, supervise a number of staff and contribute to the team performance and positive outcomes for our residents.
This post offers opportunities to improve your skills and experience in Adult Social Care with high quality, client-led, interventions to service users in their own homes.
You will work within the legal framework provided by the statute, guidance, policies and procedures. You will need to have:
- A degree or equivalent in Social Work
- Registration with Social Work England
- Excellent understanding of the Care Act 2014
- Understanding of The Autism Act 2009
- Understanding of Better care for people with a learning disability and people with autism
- Other legislation linked to Autism and Learning Disability
- Excellent understanding of Community DOLs/ Mental Capacity Act
- Understanding of Court of Protection processes
We offer excellent support, supervision and induction. You will have access to our Learning and Development programme and be supported in your career and personal growth with opportunities to learn and develop.
This role offers Agile/Hybrid Working – you have the opportunity to work from home and the Civic Offices in Reading but also you will need to attend face to face visits within the Reading Borough.
Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
- Work Together as one team – work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
- Drive Efficiency – show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency.
- Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
- Be Ambitious – be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
- Make a Difference to Reading – maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 25 days holiday each year plus bank holidays – rising to 30 days after 5 years LG continuous service and 33 days after 10 years’ service in Reading, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted,
- Season Ticket Loan – a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
If you would like to find out more about this role and the team, please contact Louise Mole (LDA Team Manager) on 0118 937 3747 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Sunday 25th February 2024
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply for this job please visit reabcli.webitrent.com.