Website Reading Borough Council
It’s an exciting time to join the Management Team within Adult Social Care as we continue a significant programme of change and transformation. We are looking to appoint a Performance Data Team Manager to lead our Data Team.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the Role:
This role would suit someone with a passion for data with expert communication skills to translate data to insight for operational and leadership audiences at all levels.
You will be managing a well-respected team of five performance analysts who are dedicated to making data easy to access and use for performance monitoring and decision making.
The Performance Manager is expected to work with senior managers at all levels to ensure that performance management and data is embedded across operational teams and that robust data is at the heart of service provision.
This role will:
- Require an experienced and highly skilled and motivated individual that has significant proven and demonstrable ability on working in a similar role to lead our performance information and data function in Adult Social Care.
- Extensive experience of working in Adult social care, including a sound understanding of requirements for statutory returns.
- Experience in supporting service improvement and able to demonstrate that our services are helping to improve outcomes for residents.
- Lead on the development of performance management across adult social care, providing leadership and direction to team members using sophisticated data management applications and performance reports to senior managers and elected members in order to support continuous improvement in practice and service delivery.
- Expert knowledge of reporting tools and visualisation software to extract and manipulate data and make data easy to use and interpret. For example, SQL and Power BI.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build purposeful relationships across organisation boundaries along with the confidence to challenge services and drive sustainable improvement.
- Strong self-motivation and an ability to identify and encourage innovative solutions to problems.
The role involves working flexibly in covering across the Directorate and within the service as required, and at any council sites across the Borough to meet the needs of the service.
We offer a flexible working environment with a mixture of home working and access to an office based in the centre of Reading.
You will have:
- Experience of using SQL or web based business intelligence applications such as Business Objects or Power BI to a high level.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, knowledge of social care, an analytical mind and the ability to influence are all essential
- The ability to promote and nurture a proactive, continuous improvement culture
Experienced leader who has excellent facilitation and consultancy skills
You will have access to our Learning and Development programme and be supported in your career and personal growth with opportunities to learn and develop new clinical skills, helping you to build your Continuing Professional Development portfolio, extending your skills and supporting you to grow as a social worker.
We work closely with our colleagues in Reading Borough Council, Health Professionals, Voluntary and Charity colleagues to facilitate the best possible outcomes for those people we support.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability.
As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place.
Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team – champion and inspire a culture which ensures that all employees across the organisation work together to provide excellent outcomes for Reading
Drive Efficiency – create an environment in which resources are used efficiently and employees’ skills are developed and used effectively
Be Ambitious – aspire to deliver excellence and inspire and support others to reach their potential
Make a Difference to Reading – inspire a culture in which the customer is the focus and where change is welcomed as an opportunity
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 25 days holiday each year plus bank holidays – rising to 33 days after 10 years’ service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance – three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Season Ticket Loan – a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
The role will be based mainly working from home but you will need to come into Reading from time to time for meetings.
If you would like to find out more about this role and the team please contact Chris Greenway (Assistant Director – Commissioning, Transformation & Performance) on email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 25th February 2024
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply for this job please visit reabcli.webitrent.com.