Website Reading Borough Council
We are looking for a qualified Experienced Social Worker to come and join the Discharge to Assess Hospital Team within our Adult Social Care team here at Reading Borough Council. Wherever you are in your own career journey, we’re committed to offering the support and development you need.
Working as an Experienced Social Worker for Reading Borough Council you will be part of a friendly and supporting team. We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate great communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, services users and health care providers.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
£36,648 to £41,418 + £2,000 Market Supplement = £38,648 to £43,418 Per year
About the Role:
- To complete timely Care Act assessments for our higher intense case management with a strength-based focus, delivering positive outcomes for the individuals of Reading
- To complete post discharge reviews ensuring that care plans are accurate, and individuals eligible needs are being met
- To promote the use of direct payments to give individuals the flexibility in how they meet their needs.
- To promote a reablement focus for all individuals that are referred to adult social care
- To work with all families and carers ensuring that carers assessments are completed to promote support to individuals with a caring role.
- To develop close and effective relationships with providers, community voluntary services, and health professionals.
- To supervise staff to promote professional development and offer appropriate support
- To contribute to the efficiency of the team as a whole and deputise for senior workers when appropriate.
- To be a high performing, efficient, supportive and outcome focused team who together embed the principles of TEAM Reading.
The Discharge to Assess Hospital Team works closely with other teams in Adult Services who are involved with the delivery of Adult Social Care.
We work closely within individuals that have been admitted to hospital to promote the home first principle with a strength base ethos to other the best outcomes for the individuals that we work with.
Our aim is to be a high performing, efficient, multidisciplinary team with a clear Team purpose and values that supports staff and values the skills and diversity within and around the team.
You will hold a varied caseload and contribute to the team performance and positive outcomes for our residents.
This post offers opportunities to improve your skills and experience in Adult Social Care with high quality, client-led, interventions to service users in their own homes, in a friendly and supportive team.
You will work within the legal framework provided by the statute, guidance, policies and procedures.
You will need to have:
- A degree or equivalent in Social Work
- Registration with Social Work England
- Understanding of the Care Act 2014
We offer excellent support, supervision and induction. You will have access to our Learning and Development programme and be supported in your career and personal growth with opportunities to learn and develop new clinical skills, helping you to build your Continuing Professional Development portfolio, extending your skills and supporting you to grow as a social worker.
We work closely with our colleagues in Reading Borough Council, Health Professionals, Voluntary and Charity colleagues to facilitate the best possible outcomes for those people we support.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place.
Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
Work Together as one team – work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
Drive Efficiency – show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
Be Ambitious – be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
Make a Difference to Reading – maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 25 days holiday each year plus bank holidays – rising to 33 days after 10 years’ service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted,
- Season Ticket Loan – a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
Closing date: Application to be reviewed on submission
Interview date: To be confirmed
If you would like to find out more about this role and the team, please contact: Shaun Rogers (Discharge to assess Team Manager) on 07870 483 310 or Shaun.Rogers@reading.gov.uk
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply for this job please visit reabcli.webitrent.com.