Website Reading Borough Council
£36,648 to £41,418 + £2,000 Market Supplement = £38,648 to £43,418
Reading Borough Council is a leading provider of high-quality care services and are seeking a compassionate, experienced and qualified Social Worker to join the Community Reablement Team in our Adult Social Care department.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the Role:
You will be working in partnership with Community Assessors, District Nurses, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists and NHS. Your work will directly impact the well-being and quality of life of those we care for.
We are looking for an individual who can demonstrate great communication skills and the ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues, services users and health care providers. Working as a Social Worker for Community Reablement Team you will be part of a friendly and supporting team.
Duties will include:
- Consider the best resources and technology across all settings to promote well-being, independence and protection.
- Be confident to apply the framework provided by statute, guidance, policies and procedures, liaising with other agencies when required.
- Manage their workload effectively and actively progress situations in creative ways for best outcomes
- Offer a high standard of customer service and commitment to Team Reading principles
The Community Reablement Team works closely with other teams within Adult Social Care who are involved with the delivery of Social Care services.
To provide the next step in assessment and support planning and work with people in a strengths-based way to; prevent the need for care, promote wellbeing, rights and independence and bring about timely interventions with positive outcomes.
Aim is to be a high performing, efficient, multidisciplinary team with a clear Team purpose and values that supports staff and values the skills and diversity within and around the team.
To hold a varied short-term caseload and contribute to the team performance and positive outcomes for our residents.
This post offers opportunities to improve your skills and experience in Adult Social Care with high quality, client-led, interventions to service users in their own homes.
You will work within the legal framework provided by the statute, guidance, policies and procedures.
You will need to have:
- A degree or equivalent in Social Work
- Registration with Social Work England
- Understanding of the Care Act 2014
We offer excellent support, supervision and induction. You will have access to our Learning and Development programme and be supported in your career and personal growth with opportunities to learn and develop new clinical skills, helping you to build your Continuing Professional Development portfolio, extending your skills and supporting you to grow as a social worker.
We work closely with our colleagues in Reading Borough Council, Health Professionals, Voluntary and Charity colleagues to facilitate the best possible outcomes for those people we support.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place.
Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
- Work Together as one team – work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
- Drive Efficiency – show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
- Be Ambitious – be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
- Make a Difference to Reading – maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 25 days holiday each year plus bank holidays – rising to 33 days after 10 years’ service, with the option to buy additional leave
- Maternity, adoption, parental and sick pay
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Access to a range of training and learning opportunities to help you develop
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Season Ticket Loan – a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
- Salary sacrifice scheme for Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) to help you save for your retirement
Closing date: Sunday 25th February 2024
Interview date: To be confirmed
If you would like to find out more about this role and the team, please contact Sue Kelly (Team Manager) on 07738 916 515 or Sue.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply for this job please visit reabcli.webitrent.com.