Website Reading Borough Council
£36,648 to £41,418 + £2,000 Market Supplement = £38,648 to £43,418
Reading Borough Council’s Adult Social Care Mental Health Team are seeking an Occupational Therapist to work exclusively on their Mental Health Reablement project. This represents an opportunity for an OT to use their skills in the development of new and creative ways of working, in a role that is different from a “standard” OT role.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
We support hybrid working, it’s important to us that working arrangements are designed to enable our employees to excel and within this role you’ll have the opportunity to work in a way that suits your lifestyle.
About the Role
The Mental Health Reablement project has been in place since March 2022 and the aim of the service is to support people over 18 with needs arising from a mental health issue to gain independence and reduce their long-term reliance on adult social care services.
Reablement is short-term support (up to 12 weeks) to help people get on track to live their life in the way that they want to. Clients will work towards achieving their personal goals with support from you or one of the team.
Our team currently consists of 1 x Senior OT and 1 x OT Assistant, and we sit within the wider ASC Mental Health Team.
The characteristics of this service include:
- Helping people to do things for themselves, rather than doing things to or for them;
- Outcomes-focused structured work;
- Setting and working towards specific goals agreed with the client;
- Building on what people can do and their personal aspirations, supporting them to engage in meaningful activities and gain skills to increase their confidence and independence;
- Reducing the level of ongoing support needed after the period of reablement.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for recording the progress of clients, mostly on Mosaic, and in line with the project deliverables and contributing to project management data and information which is held by the Transformation Team.
To achieve the desired outcomes for this project, we are looking for an Occupational Therapist with a keen interest in mental health, ideally with knowledge and/or experience of one or more of the following:
- SMART goal setting;
- Reablement approach;
- Strength-based outcomes;
- Positive risk taking;
- Working closely with other agencies to achieve positive outcomes for clients;
- Negotiation skills;
- Good communication skills.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place.
Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
- Work Together as one team – work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
- Drive Efficiency – show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
- Be Ambitious – be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
- Make a Difference to Reading – maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 25 days holiday each year plus bank holidays – rising to 33 days after 10 years’ service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance – three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Season Ticket Loan – a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
If you would like more information or an informal discussion, please contact Becky Price, Senior Occupational Therapist at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Thursday 29th February 2024
Interview date: To be confirmed
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply for this job please visit reabcli.webitrent.com.