Website Reading Borough Council
Fixed term for 24 months – Full time – 37 hours per week
Are you an ambitious individual eager to initiate your career in administration while concurrently obtaining a qualification? Reading Borough Council presents an excellent chance for a Business Administrator Apprentice to become a part of our vibrant and supportive team within the Adult Social Care department.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity and inclusion is the key to our success. Reading Borough Council is a Disability Confident Employer and is committed to the recruitment and continued employment of people with disabilities.
About the role
This Apprentice post will be part of our team based in the Civic Offices in Reading town centre, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the business support service and to gain experience across all the areas and teams we work with.
Our Apprenticeship scheme provides a perfect way to earn a wage while you gain vital work experience and a nationally recognised qualification. You will be fully supported and mentored through your apprenticeship and be given time off during work for training/studies.
During your appointment you will be expected to complete a Business Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship: https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/business-administrator-v1-0
- Administrative Support: Assist in day-to-day administrative tasks, including data entry, document management, and responding to inquiries.
- Record Keeping: Maintain accurate and organized records to ensure efficient workflow and compliance with council policies.
- Customer Service: Engage with internal and external stakeholders, providing excellent customer service through phone and email communication.Collaboration: Work closely with colleagues across various departments, fostering a
- collaborative and positive work environment.
You’ll be part of a team that relies on each individual to play their part to the best of their ability. As well as the colleagues that you work closely with every day, you’ll also be part of Team Reading, playing your personal part in making Reading a successful and vibrant place.
Our vision is to ensure that Reading realises its potential as a great place to live, work and play, and that everyone shares the benefits of this success. Our values and behaviours guide how we will achieve this:
- Work Together as one team – work collaboratively, with each other and with our partners, and demonstrate the Team Reading values in everything we do
- Drive Efficiency – show initiative, be adaptable to change and put forward ideas to help improve delivery and efficiency. Take responsibility for our own learning and development and for reaching our potential
- Be Ambitious – be demanding of our own performance – striving to be even better – and be prepared to engage with and challenge leaders in a constructive and positive way
- Make a Difference to Reading – maintain the highest levels of customer service and be flexible and willing to provide the services needed at the time they are needed
We offer a supportive environment to grow and develop your career with the opportunity to put your ideas across. Innovation and ambition is strongly encouraged, and you’ll get a great feel for that working in our friendly and collaborative environment.
A competitive salary alongside a range of benefits including:
- Generous holiday entitlement – 25 days holiday each year plus bank holidays – rising to 33 days after 10 years’ service, with the option to buy additional leave
- A wide range of flexible working opportunities
- Modern working environment at the Civic Offices in the heart of Reading
- Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Life Assurance – three times your annual salary (for members of the LGPS)
- On-site day nursery (Kennet Day nursery) rated outstanding by Ofsted
- Season Ticket Loan – a loan to help with the cost of your rail or bus journey, to and from work
- Lease car salary sacrifice scheme allowing you to lease a brand new, greener car for three years. The monthly fee includes insurance, servicing and road tax
To arrange a confidential discussion on this position please contact Debbie Martyn – Business & Governance Manager at Debbie.email@example.com or 0118 937 4446
Closing Date: Sunday 25th February 2024
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Please note that the closing date is given as a guide. We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications has been received. Therefore, it is strongly advised that you complete and return your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply for this job please visit reabcli.webitrent.com.