£35,745 – £46,464
At Oxfordshire County Council you don’t just work for us… you learn, grow, and thrive with us.
Our promise to “Work together to help children, young people, and families to thrive” underpins everything we do. Our practice approach is all about the importance of building relationships, listening, empowering people, understanding need, building on strengths and “doing with”.
Embark on the new year with the support of Oxfordshire County Council where our high performing team of Social Workers provide the wrap around support that’s essential to feel safe and fulfilled at work. We do this through our commitment of regular supervision, ongoing professional training and stable leadership so that you can bring your best self to the people you support.
We know that when you thrive, the children we work with thrive.
About the role
You will work predominantly with children in care aged 0-18, including those becoming adopted, children within long term foster placements or seeking alternative permanence arrangements and young people residing in residential or supported accommodation. As part of this, you will:
Work with challenging young people who have been assessed as needing either permanent, or a prolonged period of care away from their homes.
Empower looked after children and young people by ensuring their voice is heard.
Proactively liaise with and work in partnership with other agencies and organisations, parents, and carers.
- Kind and caring, with an understanding of and respect for individuals’ qualities, abilities, and diverse backgrounds.
- Advocating for equality and integrity in all you do, and with your strong communication skills you work effectively with challenging young people, children, their families, and other professionals to achieve the best outcomes. .
- Always learning, with a degree in social work (or equivalent) plus Social Work England registration, and an excellent working knowledge of statutory guidance relevant to social care.
- Willing to take responsibility and deliver on the vision of Oxfordshire County Council.
- Driven to do things differently to ensure that children and young people are supported to live well with the right support at the right time and in the right place.
Rewards and benefits
Learn more about how #wecare for you…
- Competitive salary from £35,745 – £46,464.
- Welcome and Loyalty payment of £3,500 to experienced social workers.
- Relocation allowance of up to £8,000
- Annual leave starting at 30 days per year (plus bank holidays)
- A comprehensive Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) – up to 20% employer contribution
- Flexible working – full or part time hours available
- Employee Assistance Programme including access to health and wellbeing support 24 x7, all year round.
- Enhanced family friendly policies
- Childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, electric car scheme, staff discounts with a range of retailers including travel, holidays, insurance, restaurants, health & leisure activities.
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
To apply for this job please visit careers.newjob.org.uk.