£55,783 – £59,010 per annum
Under the direction of the Service Manager for Residential and Edge of Care services:
- To be responsible for the day-to-day operation/management of a Children’s Home.
- To ensure the highest standards of emotional, social and physical care, promoting best
outcomes for young people through research, development and partnership.
- To ensure strategic overview and vision of the organisation are embedded in policies,
procedures and management strategies.
- To ensure highly motivated leadership and development to the team for which you are
- To facilitate service to service support for improvement through collaboration playing a key
function in developing high standards of communication.
- To ensure provisions maximise resources to assess needs of families and young people within a
planned timescale and ensure all services are delivered in a way which maximises the
participation of young people, respects their rights and is responsive to their wishes and views.
- Take overall responsibility for all staff, delegating effectively and appropriately. Manage and
monitor labour costs, staffing structures and rota’s, ensuring they meet requirements of the
young people’s needs and are in accordance with allocated cost centres management
guidelines advising the service manager of specific unmet needs or resource issues.
- To develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with partner agencies and clinical
team to ensure individual assessment plans and support packages are available to all young
people and their families.
- To ensure leadership and management of staff including annual appraisal, regular individual
supervision, wellness action plans and induction is available to all staff working in these
Personal Management and Employee Development:
- Ensure that equality of opportunity exists in all employment practices, and that the recruitment,
induction, probation, appraisal and termination of any employment is undertaken according to
Directorate and County Council Human Resource Policies, Procedures and guidelines.
- To establish and support appropriate staff supervision, welfare and support mechanisms, in
accordance with the Directorate’s supervision policy, and ensuring that staff are motivated to
achieve the objectives of the service. Ensure that annual appraisals are undertaken for all staff
working in the move on provisions.
To apply for this job please visit careers.newjob.org.uk.